Broda’s Encore Rehab Wheelchair is a new level of seating customization with a universal seating system. This allows clinicians to customize this Broda wheelchair to meet the seating and positioning needs of each individual client.
The Encore enables users to still self-propel via pedaling with their feet increasing their mobility and independence.The adjustable low hemi style floor-to-seat height paired with our notable front pivot seat tilt provides proper foot-on-floor placement which enables individuals for efficient movement and allows them to continue to socialize and engage with their surroundings, maintaining their quality of life.
The Encore Rehab comes standard with universal legrest mounts and Dynamic Rocking feature that has been seen to reduce depression, anxiety, and reduction in pain medication specifically for those with dementia or Alzheimer’s (source). Dynamic Rocking is caregiver activated for patient safety which is critical in the long-term and complex care setting.
Broda’s up to 33˚ of infinitely adjustable tilt-in-space combined with a proper seating provides therapeutic pressure redistribution aiding in the treatment of pressure ulcers, and pain management enhancing user’s comfort and quality of life.
Medicare HCPCS Code E1161*
- Watson, N. M., Wells, T. J., & Cox, C. (1998). Rocking chair therapy for dementia patients: Its effect on psychosocial well-being and balance. American Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, 13(6), 296–308.
*Government funding codes supplied are for reference only and do not ensure coverage or payment. The government funding codes provided are based on our interpretation of the code definitions. Government funding codes are not intended to be, nor should be considered billing or legal advice. Providers are responsible for determining the appropriate billing codes when submitting claims to the government program and should consult an attorney or another advisor to discuss specific situations in further detail.
- Universal Seating System
- e1161 HCPCS
- 16 Gauge Powder Coated Tubular Steel Frame
- 33° Infinitely Adjustable Tilt in Space
- 16″, 18″, 20″, 22″ Seat Width
- 16″, 17″, 18″, 19″ and 20″ Seat Depth
- 16″, 18″, 21″, and 24″ Back Canes Height
- 5°, 10°, 15° and 20° Angle Adjustable Back Canes
- 14″ – 19″ Floor-to-Seat-Heights (Adjustable)
- Height Adjustable Armrests
- 2 x 5″ Rear Fixed Casters with Locking Options
- 250 lb. Weight Capacity
- Seat Cushions
- Accessory Bag (Custom Embroidery Optional)
- HSP padding package
- Acute Care Chair (ACC) Padding Package
- Mag Wheel Package
- Mid-Mount Mag Wheel Package
- Half Tray
- Thigh Belt
- O2 Holder
- Long Armrests
- ABS Footrest
- IV Pole
- Depth Adjustable Armrests