Broda USA Inc.; Broda® LP. (Subsidiaries of MITY, Inc.)
Phone: (844) 552-7632
Fax: (844) 442-7632
15455 Conway Rd. Suite 200
St. Louis, MO, 63017, USA
From the date of purchase Broda (Broda USA Inc.; Broda LP) warrants the side frames and cross members located on the base frame, for the Expected Lifetime* of the original purchaser/user, when purchased from an authorized Broda Durable Medical Equipment Dealer.
*Expected Lifetime of the frame is 10 years.
In addition, Broda warrants its other product components, except the seat cushion and upholstery covers (which are not warranted), to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for a period of 2 years from the date of purchase, as indicated on the original purchase order.
The warranty is subject to the following conditions:
This warranty is non-transferable.
A serial number or invoice number is required for warranty coverage. The warranty shall not apply to serial numbered items if the serial number has been removed or altered in any way.
Warranty is valid for “new” purchases only. All other items will be warranted at the sole discretion of Broda.
Warranty remedy for defective products:
If within such warranty period any such product shall be proven to be defective through examination, inspection, and testing as deemed necessary, such product shall be repaired or replaced at Broda’s discretion.
On request, defective parts must be returned to the factory, pre-paid and insured, within 30 days. Failure to do so will result in the owner incurring the cost of the replacement parts. Photos of defective parts may be requested as an alternative to returning product.
Limitations and Exclusions:
- This warranty does not cover damages that arise from improper handling, cleaning, maintenance, storage or negligent use.
- The warranty does not cover Broda’s wheelchairs and chairs used in any way, other than the manner in which it was designed and recommended.
- Modifications, incorrect assembly or installation to Broda products or the use of non-Broda products voids the warranty.
- Installation of parts that require the frame to be altered in any way, must be completed by a Broda Representative, unauthorized performances will void the warranty.
- This warranty does not cover freight damage (see Damaged Freight Policy).
- Broda retains the right to make product design and product application changes without notice.
- The application of Broda products shall remain the responsibility of the purchaser or user. Please reference the model-specific operating instruction manuals for safety requirements, inspectional and functional testing, technical information and more.
- Warranty does not include on-site labor for the installation of warranty parts or warranty repairs. The owner may return to Broda products for warranty replacement or repair by shipping items prepaid and insured to the factory.
- Warranty completed at the factory includes both materials and labor. The decision to repair or replace parts is at the discretion of Broda.
- All returns to the manufacturing facility require prior authorization from Broda.
Broda’s Transport Wheelchairs (WC19 Certified) Products:
- Broda’s Transport Wheelchairs (WC19 Certified) Products and options are available by the factory to install only. It can NOT be retrofit to existing models or serviced in the field.
- All components of the vehicle transport packages are subject to specific maintenance requirements, to maintain the Broda warranty.
- Due to the testing requirements of the vehicle transport chair, Broda warranty limitations apply to non-factory installed repairs. Warranty and maintenance repairs must be made by Broda authorized service technicians. Any replacements or repairs made by an unauthorized person(s) will void this warranty and Broda assumes no liability on the performance of said components.
- DO NOT modify the transport chair. Modifications may change the transport chair’s structure and center of balance, which may increase the risk of serious injury to the user and void the warranty. If a problem is detected with any of the Vehicle Transport Product and Option components or any components of the chair, remove the wheelchair or chair from service and contact Broda immediately. Chairs involved in vehicle accidents should be taken out of use immediately.
For any further questions regarding our Manufacturer Warranty please contact Broda Customer Service at 1-844-552-7632 or [email protected]