The Synthesis Positioning Wheelchair builds upon Broda’s legacy of comfort and reliability to provide the fullest range of positioning features in a more progressive design. New aesthetic and styling options suit a variety of preferences and fit the facilities of today and tomorrow.
New adjustable wings provide individualized upper lateral support. Broda’s unique Comfort Tension Seating® system provides pressure redistribution and air flow for increased sitting comfort and support.
Featuring up to 40° of infinitely adjustable seat tilt and up to 90° of infinitely adjustable back recline, as well as Trendelenburg positioning, the Synthesis provides safe and comfortable positioning without the use of restraints. Front pivot seat tilt helps maintain a forward line of sight, enhancing socialization and engagement.
Upgrade to the Synthesis Transport Wheelchair to provide comfortable and safe patient transportation between facilities in a WC19 certified wheelchair transport version of the Synthesis.
Offering outstanding benefits for both patients and caregivers, the Synthesis Positioning Wheelchair is ideal for:
- Improved posture, oxygenation, feeding, and overall comfort.
- Fall prevention and safe patient handling.
- Accommodating hyperextension.
- Changing incontinence products without transferring from the chair.
- Decreasing patient fatigue and postural deviations reducing the use of restraints.
Padding Enhancement Options:
- Additional Positioning Padding (APP) package for more Comfort and Versatility.
- Huntington’s Specialty Padding (HSP) package for Severe Agitation and Involuntary Movements.
- Acute Care Configuration (ACC) Padding package for recovery in hospitals and clinics.
- Broda Comfort Tension Seating®
- 16 Gauge Powder Coated Tubular Steel Frame
- 40° Infinitely Adjustable Tilt in Space
- 90° Infinitely Adjustable Back Recline
- 16″, 18″, 20″, 22″, 24″, and 26″ Seat Width
- 17″, 18.5″, and 20″ Seat Depth
- 32″, 33.5″and 35″ Back Height
- 19.5″, 20.5″, 22″, 23.5″ Floor-to-Seat Heights
- Height Adjustable Armrests
- Adjustable Removable Wings for Upper Lateral Support
- Trendelenburg Capable
- Adjustable Length, Articulating and Extending Legrest
- Split-Flip Down Footrest with Angle Adjustable Footplates
- 14″, 20″ Rear Mounted Mag Wheels
- 14″ Mid Mounted Mag Wheels
- 2 x 5″ Front Total-Lock Casters
- 2 x 6″ Single Directional Lock Casters
- 350 lb. Weight Capacity
- In Accent Color: Headrest cushion, Shoulder Bolsters, Upper Side Pads, Lower Side Pads, Sole Pads
- In Black Vinyl: Seat and Back Pad with Vinyl Covers (White or Grey Terry Optional), Calf Pad
- Accessory Bag (Custom Embroidery Optional)
- Additional Positioning Padding (APP) package
- Huntington’s Special Padding (HSP) package
- Acute Care Configuration (ACC) package
- Half Tray
- Thigh Belt
- O2 Holder
- Long Armrests
- ABS Footrest
- IV Pole
- Depth Adjustable Armrests