The Synthesis Transport Wheelchair allows for safe patient transport in an accessible vehicle with the ability to keep the individual in the same chair for care and transportation. Reduce the number of patient transfers improves the overall comfort and safety for both the individual and the caregiver.
Available in both rear caster or rear or mid-mount mag wheel configurations in up to 24″ seat width and 350 lb. weight capacity, the Synthesis Transport Wheelchair meets the WC-19 full compliance standards. The WC19 Wheelchair standards are put forth by the American National Standards Institute / Rehabilitation Engineering and Assistive Technology Society of North America (ANSI / RESNA) and tested by the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI).
If you don’t need the transportation wheelchair we have a Synthesis Positioning Wheelchair that provides additional functionality.
For facility use:
Broda’s unique Comfort Tension Seating® system provides pressure redistribution and airflow for increased sitting comfort and support. The Synthesis Transport Wheelchair features up to 40° of infinitely adjustable seat tilt and up to 90° of infinitely adjustable back recline, as well as Trendelenburg positioning that provides safe and comfortable positioning without the use of restraints. Our front pivot seat tilt helps maintain the patient’s line of vision while tilted to allow for socializing, helping improve quality of life.
Offering outstanding benefits for both patients and caregivers, the Synthesis Transport Wheelchair is ideal for:
• Transporting residents to appointments or outings.
• Improved posture, breathing, feeding, and overall comfort.
• Fall prevention and safe patient handling.
• Accommodating hyperextension.
• Changing incontinence products without transferring from the chair.
• Individuals requiring Moderate to Advanced levels of nursing care.
• Severe Agitation and Involuntary Movement.
• Vehicle Transportation with an occupant.
- Broda Comfort Tension Seating®
- 16 Gauge Powder Coated Tubular Steel Frame
- 40° Infinitely Adjustable Tilt in Space
- 90° Infinitely Adjustable Back Recline
- 16″, 18″, 20″, 22″, 24″ Seat Width
- 17″, 18.5″, 20″ Seat Depth
- 32″, 33.5″, 35″ Back Height
- Height Adjustable Armrests
- Adjustable Removable Wings for Upper Lateral Support
- Trendelenburg Capable
- Adjustable Length, Articulating and Extending Legrest
- Split-Flip Down Footrest with Angle Adjustable Footplates
- 14″, 20″ Rear Mount Mag Wheels
- 14″ Mid Mount Mag Wheels
- 5” Aluminum non-locking front casters
- 2 x 6″ Single Directional Lock Casters
- 350 lb. Weight Capacity
- In Accent Color: Headrest cushion Shoulder Bolsters Upper Side Pads Lower Side Pads Sole Pads
- In Black Vinyl: Seat and Back Pad with Vinyl Covers (White or Grey Terry Optional) Calf Pad
- Accessory Bag (Custom Embroidery Optional)
- Additional Positioning Padding (APP) package
- Huntington’s Special Padding (HSP) package
- Acute Care Configuration (ACC) package
- Half Tray
- Thigh Belt
- O2 Holder
- Long Armrests
- ABS Footrest
- IV Pole
- Depth Adjustable Armrests